National Center for Faculty Diversity and Development
The Office of the Provost and Division of Diversity and Community Engagement sponsor the University of Mississippi’s institutional membership with the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD). The NCFDD is an independent center that offers a wide range of resources to support the professional development and successful transitions of faculty, post-doctoral scholars, and graduate students throughout their academic careers.
The resources offered include webinars/workshops on topics such as how to develop a daily writing plan, strategies for increasing research productivity, managing time more effectively, how to write grant proposals, and maintaining work-life balance. This information is broadly applicable across discipline, career position, and interests. Please see this document for a full outline of NCFDD.
Your FREE Institutional sub-account to the NCFDD gives you access to the following:
- The Monday Motivator (a weekly email with productivity tips)
- Monthly productivity workshops based on NCFDD’s core curriculum
- Guest expert webinars & multi-week courses
- 14-Day Writing Challenge
- Member Library which includes audio and video recordings, slides and transcripts from all webinars
- Career Center where members can post and search job postings
- Monthly accountability buddy match
- Private discussion forum for peer-mentoring and problem solving
- Online accountability and tracking software for alumni of the Faculty Success Program and Dissertation Success Program. Both of these programs have a registration fee.
How to Activate for Your Free Institutional Sub-Account:
- Go to the NCFDD website
- Click on “Become a Member” or “Join NCFDD”
- Go to the box under “Select your Institution” and scroll down to University of Mississippi, and click “Continue” On the page that appears, click on “Activate My Membership”
- Complete the Account Information fields, and use your University of Mississippi email address
- You will receive a welcome email within 24 business hours confirming that your account is now active and you can begin fully using your new NCFDD membership
If you have any questions about NCFDD, please contact Dr. Shawnboda Mead, Interim Vice Chancellor, at email@example.com.