Diversity Innovator Award
The Division of Diversity and Community Engagement invites applicants for the Diversity Innovator Individual Award. This award recognizes a faculty or staff member who has demonstrated a commitment to the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion at the University of Mississippi. 2021-2022 applications will be avaialble in Fall 2021. For a full overview of award criteria, please visit this link. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact Dr. Shawnboda Mead, Interim Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Community Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 662-915-2933.
To nominate a colleague, or to self-nominate, faculty or staff members may submit the following material:
- Resume/CV of nominee
- Letter of Nomination/Recommendation
- Evidence of nominee’s experience advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion at the University of Mississippi (i.e. publications, presentations, activities, committee membership, and other institutional, regional, national, or international professional involvement)
Award winners will receive the following recognition for their efforts:
- An engraved plaque
- $1,000 in support professional development and/or research efforts
- Campus announcement via UM Today and/or campus-wide story
- Recognition in Division of Diversity and Community Engagement material such as website, social media, annual reports, and annual events.
- Gift bag including Division of Diversity and Community Engagement swag
2020-2021 Diversity Innovator Award Winners
Arthur Doctor, Ed.D.
Director, Fraternity & Sorority Life
2021 IHL Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion: Diversity Educator of the Year Award Winner
Laura Antonow, Ph.D.
Director, Office of College Programs and Instructional Assistant Professor in the Department of Higher Education
George Dor, Ph.D.
Professor of Music, Department of Music
Katie McClendon, PharmD
Clinical Associate Professor and Director of Student Affairs, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Assistant Dean of Students, Jackson Campus
2019-2020 Diversity Innovator Award Winners
Jodi Skipper, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Anthropology and Southern Studies
2019 IHL Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award Nominee
Carrie Smith, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Psychology
James Thomas, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Sociology and Anthropology