Diversity Innovator Award
The Division of Diversity and Community Engagement invites applicants for the Diversity Innovator Individual Award. This award recognizes a faculty or staff member who has demonstrated a commitment to the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion at the University of Mississippi. Applications will be accepted until November 17, 2020 at 5 pm. For a full overview of award criteria, please visit this link. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact Dr. Shawnboda Mead, Interim Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Community Engagement, at email@example.com or 662-915-2933.
To nominate a colleague, or to self-nominate, faculty or staff members may submit the following material:
- Resume/CV of nominee
- Letter of Nomination/Recommendation
- Evidence of nominee’s experience advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion at the University of Mississippi (i.e. publications, presentations, activities, committee membership, and other institutional, regional, national, or international professional involvement)
Award winners will receive the following recognition for their efforts:
- An engraved plaque
- $1,000 in support professional development and/or research efforts
- Campus announcement via UM Today and/or campus-wide story
- Recognition in Division of Diversity and Community Engagement material such as website, social media, annual reports, and annual events.
- Gift bag including Division of Diversity and Community Engagement swag
Diversity Innovator Award Winners
Jodi Skipper, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Anthropology and Southern Studies
2019 IHL Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award Nominee
Carrie Smith, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Psychology
James Thomas, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Sociology and Anthropology