Diversity Innovator Award
The Division of Diversity and Community Engagement invites applicants for the Diversity Innovator Individual Award. This award recognizes a faculty or staff member who has demonstrated a commitment to the advancement of diversity, equity, and inclusion at the University of Mississippi. 2021-2022 applications will be available in Fall 2021. For a full overview of award criteria, please visit this link. If you have any questions or need additional assistance, please contact Dr. Rashanda Booker, Inclusive Excellence and Engagement Director at email@example.com or 662-915-2933.
To nominate a colleague, or to self-nominate, faculty or staff members may submit the following material:
- Resume/CV of nominee
- Letter of Nomination/Recommendation
- Evidence of nominee’s experience advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion at the University of Mississippi (i.e. publications, presentations, activities, committee membership, and other institutional, regional, national, or international professional involvement)
Award winners will receive the following recognition for their efforts:
- An engraved plaque
- $750 in support professional development and/or research efforts
- Campus announcement via UM Today and/or campus-wide story
- Recognition in Division of Diversity and Community Engagement material such as website, social media, annual reports, and annual events.
- Gift bag including Division of Diversity and Community Engagement swag
The following current faculty and staff are Diversity Innovator Award recipients:
Larry Pittman, J.D., LL.M
Professor of Law and Leonard B. Melvin Jr. Lecturer in Law, School of Law
Nikki Reinemann, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering
Ashleen Williams, M.S.
Senior Barksdale Fellow, Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College
Laura Antonow, Ph.D.
Director, Office of College Programs and Instructional Assistant Professor in the Department of Higher Education
George Dor, Ph.D.
Professor of Music, Department of Music
Katie McClendon, PharmD
Clinical Associate Professor and Director of Student Affairs, Department of Pharmacy Practice and Assistant Dean of Students, Jackson Campus
Jodi Skipper, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Anthropology and Southern Studies
2019 IHL Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion Award Nominee
Carrie Smith, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Psychology
James Thomas, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Sociology and Anthropology