Faculty Development Grant
The purpose of the Faculty Development Grant (FDG) funded by the Division of Diversity and Community Engagement (DCE) at the University of Mississippi is to support development opportunities for tenure-track faculty to aid in the tenure process. The FDG will be awarded on a competitive basis to tenure-track faculty seeking ways to fund a development opportunity that will support their activities related to service, professional development, presentation of research and scholarly work, and teaching.
Development opportunities may include, but are not limited to:
- Attending an academic conference, workshop, training, or webinar.
- Supporting a presentation of research and scholarly work done on campus to a professional organization.
- To be eligible, an individual must be a University of Mississippi tenure-track faculty.
- If awarded, an individual may only apply for funding once every two years.
- Funds may not be utilized to conduct research. Click here to learn about the Achieving Equity Grant (AEG) for information on funding from the Division of Diversity and Community Engagement to conduct research.
Application Process and Requirements
To apply, please complete this online application form via Qualtrics and attach the following:
- A brief description of the development opportunity. Description should address the goal for the grant with any appropriate details connected to the development opportunity.
- A budget which includes all the expenses related to the opportunity, and how much funding you are seeking through FDG.
- A letter of support from department chair or college dean.
- Amount of funding and number of grants will depend on the funds available each fiscal year for the grant. The maximum amount of funding per grant is $2,000.
- Because of the temporary nature of the funds and fiscal deadlines, funds must be expended by the date listed in the award offer. Unspent funds will not be held over.
- Please visit the Office of Procurement Services to review the University of Mississippi spending policy.
- Please provide proof of activity completion and final budget (must provide itemized receipts).
- Recipient must complete a post-event report (please check below). Reports will be shared on the Division of Diversity and Community Engagement website.
Online Qualtrics Form
Dean or Department Chair Email (individual providing letter of support)*:
Dropdown List*: Type of Development Opportunity (e.g. conference, workshop, training, webinar, other)
File Upload*: Please provide an application packet in the form of a PDF document which includes a brief description of the development opportunity, budget, and letter of support from Dean or Department Chair.
Digital Signature*: By typing my name below and submitting this form,
- I acknowledge that I am digitally signing this form.
- I acknowledge that all information provided is true to the best of my knowledge.
- I acknowledge that I have reviewed all grant material (criteria, requirements, funding stipulations, etc.).
- Funds will be awarded on a competitive basis.
- Each proposal that meets the grant criteria will be evaluated by a review committee.
- Evaluations will be based on (1) the completeness of the application, (2) the potential contribution to the development and tenure process of the applicant, and (3) the potential contribution to the department and/or university.
- Committee members will evaluate applications using the UM FDG Review Committee Rubric according to the timeline outlined below.
- 2022-2023 Review Cycle
- September 8, 2022—Applications open online via Qualtrics form.
- October 6, 2022—Applications are due online via Qualtrics form no later than 11:59 pm.
- Application data will be compiled and distributed to review committee; review committee will consist of faculty and administrators across the UM campus.
- October—Applicants notified via email
Recipients of the Faculty Development Grant must submit a post-event report no later than 30 days after the completion of their development opportunity. The form provides a place to submit the following information:
- Description of the opportunity and its impact/outcomes
- Description of how the activity advanced your development and how you can apply it to your academic department at the University of Mississippi
You can find the online submission form here.
Point of Contact
If you have any questions about your application, please contact us via email at DiversityEducation@olemiss.edu.
Yashwant Prakash Vyas
Diversity Education and Strategic Initiatives Director
Division of Diversity and Community Engagement
Roger Davis, Jr.
Graduate Assistant, Diversity Education and Strategic Initiatives
Division of Diversity and Community Engagement